Friday, April 14, 2006

A Poem for Good Friday*

I'm not a religious person
but today when I watch the
raindrops fall from the trees
I think it's like nature weeping
for the death of a good man
and I feel sadness in my soul
today, in a time that all over the world
good men, good women and innocent
children die in senseless, useless and
unnecessary conflicts and wars
because of the greed of modern Pharisees
claiming to do so in the name of whatever
the name of the god they say to worship
I can't feel any forgiving in my heart for them
only hope god's wrath will be upon them
to erase their evil minds from the earth

2 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger nevermind said...

hi, couldn't agree more with u r li'l poem. the Daily Kos has a lovely easter message today, somewhat in the same vein.

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger nevermind said...

and oh, hello, neighbour. hope u have a lovely weekend:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home